Pie it Forward Campaign: Pie Seller 101
About Meals on Wheels…Why we are doing this:
Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to nourishing and enriching the lives of the homebound in Palm Beach County. We provide hot, nutritious meals to our clients which are prepared fresh every morning in our kitchen and delivered by a caring volunteer at noontime.
Through the years, we’ve learned from many clients, on numerous occasions, that delivery volunteers provide a wellness check, a friendly smiling face, and a real connection to the outside world. It’s way more than a meal!
In 2016 we served 45,000 meals with more than 150 volunteers.
Joining the pie campaign: Everyone needs two things at Thanksgiving time: a delicious pie and to give thanks by paying it forward. This is your opportunity to join us in supporting our mission, at such an important time to give back. Plus, earn prizes & bragging rights around town for being part of the special ingredients.
If that’s not enough incentive, we have also have two complimentary tickets to our spring Hot Meals Hot Wheels event (value $400), for our #1 selling team leader!
Sign Up NOW to be a part of Palm Beach’s biggest pie sale ever!
Tools & Suggestions for successful team sales
Inform everyone you know that you are part of Palm Beach County’s biggest bake sale! Set up a Facebook team page, turn your profile or cover photo into our official Pie it Forward logo for the campaign run, blast an email to friends and colleagues, or host a fun team rally party!
Encourage them to help support the mission of Meals on Wheels- to feed our local homebound seniors and disabled.
Share with potential buyers all of our world class Pie Masters (listed on website and order form) who will be baking Thanksgiving pies especially for them! We sell apple, pumpkin, and pecan. Each pie costs $25, an amount that provides a week of hot, nutritious, home-delivered meals to a homebound senior in our community.
Take Orders from friends, family, neighbors, schools, employers, colleagues.
Local business sales: if you can sell 50 pies or more to a local business…(suggest a boss buy for each of their employees), we can arrange to have their pies conveniently delivered to one office on Tuesday, November 21.
- When you are asked, “Why should I buy a pie?”
It’s simple and its lifesaving…
· For $25, the price of one pie, you will provide a week’s worth of noontime meals to a local homebound senior.
· It’s more than a meal: it’s a wellness check and a visit from a friendly volunteer.
· No need to worry about baking a pie on Thanksgiving when you can get one from one of Palm Beach’s greatest chefs.
· It’s a great gift! Pie it Forward and buy as a gift for your Thanksgiving host, favorite neighbor, employee, client, beautician, housekeeper. Send them a coupon and ask them to choose their flavor to remind them you are thankful for them.
- Email/Letter Template:
I am excited to announce that I have teamed up with Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches, to sell delicious Thanksgiving pies as part of their fall "Pie it Forward" campaign.
Here’s how it works:
Palm Beach County’s most notable chefs sign up to donate pies. This list of “Pie Masters” includes many of our areas most prestigious restaurants, hotels, and private clubs.
Selling teams are formed to sell the pies for Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches.
Pie orders are taken October 16-November 13. We sell Apple, Pumpkin, or Pecan. We even sell Virtual pies, if you simply just want to donate to this great organization (no pie will be received)
[***This part is determined by each seller*** You can advise people to pick up their own pies, you can offer to collect all the pies and bring to your purchasers, or if you have more than 50 pie orders going to the same place, ie. your place of business, your house, a school, a business, Meals on Wheels can deliver them]
Pick up your pies on Tuesday, November 21 at your choice of distribution sites: Downtown West Palm Beach, Palm Beach County Convention Center, 650 Okeechobee Blvd. or North County: RCA Blvd. Plaza.
*For businesses or communities with more than 50 orders, pies will be delivered to your location on Tuesday, November 21.
The best part, everyone enjoys a delicious Thanksgiving pie AND each pie sold for $25 will feed a homebound senior for a week!
Thinking of someone to buy a pie for? Yourself, Thanksgiving host, neighbors, family, friends, clients, employees, colleagues
How do you buy the pie?
Click on this link and reserve your pies now! www.mowpb.org.
Make sure to select [ENTER TEAM NAME] in the dropdown box to support my team!
Join me in being part of the special ingredients and Pie It Forward!
- Elevator Pitch
Have you heard of Pie it Forward, Palm Beach’s biggest pie sale ever? For just $25, you can have a delicious Apple, Pecan, or Pumpkin pie baked from one of Palm Beach’s most prestigious chefs. Your pie will be freshly baked and available for a convenient pick up just before Thanksgiving. The best part about buying the pie is every single pie I sell will provide a week’s worth of hot meals for a homebound senior right here in our community. Meals on Wheels of the Palm Beaches supplies 35,000 meals per year.
So, what kind of pie would you like?
Keep in touch with your audience
• Personalized messages: A Sweet Deal: choose from Apple, Pecan, Pumpkin, or Virtual. Each pie is just $25. Sure, you could buy another for less, but you won’t find one that feeds more—the pie you buy will provide a week’s worth of nutritious meals for a Meals on Wheels homebound senior here in Palm Beach County. Plus, you’re getting a pie from one of the best bakers in Palm Beach.
• Send a Thank you to all pie buyers. Let them know how they are helping you reach your goal, and helping the lives of many with their purchase. Remind them they can always purchase more and remind them to pick up their pies.
Thank you for being a part of the special ingredients in
Palm Beach County’s biggest pie sale ever!